Turkey - Ephesus: The Church/House of St. Mary

Click on photo to enlarge it

If you were like me, you didn’t give much thought about what happened to Mary, the Mother of Jesus, after His death. I think as a young Christ follower, I assumed that she stayed in Jerusalem with James, another of her sons, and prominent leader of the Jerusalem church. As I thought about it, it may have something to do with such little attention being given to Mary by the early Christ followers. 

Then I made my first pilgrimage to Ephesus and was surprised to find, and visit, The House of Mary. While there I discovered the tradition that Mary and the “beloved” apostle John spent their last days there. 


Click on photo to enlarge it
Made with Google Earth and Pages Software

The House of Mary is located several miles south of Ephesus, secluded in a forest. 

Comments